By Megan Hottman, Operations Manager, Quality Contact Solutions
What is Outsourced Telesales?
Outsourced telesales is partnering with an external organization to help sell your products or services directly to the customer by telephone. An outsourced partner can help transform the way your company gains market share while maintaining and supporting the current customer base.
There are a number or reasons a company may look at outsourcing all or part of their business. Some of the reasons include efforts to reduce internal costs, to have an increased focus on internal core objectives, to free up internal resources and to help support or to maximize and achieve overall growth objectives while increasing market share. It’s this last point that is important to call out and to take note of.
Outsourcing of yesterday was solely focused on reducing costs and perhaps a dash of technology improvements. Today, outsourcing is all about collaboration with the right outsourced telesales partner that has the experience to help achieve and support the strategic organizational objectives.
There several ways outsourced telesales partners can help support increasing market share. Here are a few of those ways.
Outsourced Telesales will Increase Contacts
That’s right. Outsourced telesales will increase the number of dials and contacts. The outsourced telesales team will be 100% focused on picking up the phone and calling someone to offer a product, solution or service. It may seem pretty obvious but today, too many salespeople rely on email, social media and inbound leads. Think about it for a minute. Having a question answered, an issue resolved or someone that took the time to listen to the person on the other end leads to higher customer satisfaction. Now, what does customer satisfaction have to do with gaining market share? According to an article from Salesforce, when customers are satisfied, they are loyal to your brand and are also more likely to have repeat sales. They also point out that this helps reduce the costs associated with finding new customers which speaks directly to market share.
The right outsourced telesales partners are not just skilled at outbound calls, they have the skill set, expertise and capacity to support various functions that interface with customers. Other benefits of phone calls that help gain market share:
An Outsourced Telesales Team will Generate More Leads and Opportunities
- Speaking on the phone is much more personal. Two-way dialogue happens; questions can be asked and answered and the ability to check for understanding and to clarify if needed, can happen.
- Negotiate larger deal sizes and generate more sales
- Feedback from customers/prospects is provided live and in real time rather than a webform
Telemarketing is one of the most effective ways to generate qualified leads. The landscape today demands that the process of lead generation provides high quality and relevant information, understanding what business challenge you’re addressing and being diligent with follow up all while providing the best experience for the prospect. Organizations use outsourced telesales partners to help increase market share through lead generation services.
Lead generation is effective for companies of every size and helps support consistent growth when done correctly. Partnering with the right outsourced telesales partner that has expertise in lead generation will help achieve the desired results of gaining market share. The ideal outsourced telesales partner to support and drive lead generation efforts will:
- Be able to demonstrate their capabilities of building a bridge between your organization and the prospect.
- Help identify the right prospects by continually making suggestions to refine the process.
- Truly be a partner and act as an extension of your team.
An Effective Outsourced Telesales Team will Demonstrate Relevant Past Experience
Today, experience matters more than ever. An outsourced telesales provider should not just “talk the talk” but should be able to provide insight and give suggestions based on previous experiences and lessons learned with helping organizations increase market share. Leveraging the expertise of the right outsourced telesales partner can help mitigate potential costly mistakes. The best outsourced telesales partners can help demonstrate their experience by:
- Being nimble and flexible are crucial as changes to market conditions or other objectives can change in an instant.
- Being objective, an outsourced telesales provider has the ability to view your company and operation from a different lens is crucial. Their fresh and unique perspective has the power to help model a successful outcome.
- Being willing to get dirty. Dirty work at times is necessary to figure out what tactics, scripts and resources will be most successful. Outsourced telesales partners should be willing to dig in and figure out what will work best to drive reaching organizational objectives rather than just saying something isn’t working.
Outsourced Telesales will Make Your Business More Nimble
No matter the size of the business, speed to market really matters when looking at increasing market share. If you can’t get to market before your competition does, it doesn’t really matter how great the product is. A slow speed to market is kind of like handing over a giant competitive advantage to your unwelcomed competition. Time to market requires a strategic approach so you can get products in front of the desired audience as swiftly and organized as possible. Partnering with the right outsourced telesales provider can help increase speed to market which in turn, increases market share.
Outsourcing has a proven ability to deliver regardless the size of business. For companies of all sizes across all industries, outsourcing can be a complete game changer for achieving organization wide objectives.
is an Operations Manager for Quality Contact Solutions. You can reach Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org